Archive for January, 2015
Ah, New Year’s Eve. A time for self reflection. Personally, it’s a time for me to tear myself a new one, apparently.
I always get anxious, this time of year. I’d like to make resolutions that change my life, my home, my family, my church… the world as I know it! Then again, I’d like to make resolutions I can actually look back on in 365 days and say, “Hey, look! I did it!” Generally, I dream a bit too big right about now; feel a bit to small when I’m thinking of all the promises I made last year, that I never realized. For the last two years, at the least, I’ve made the statement, “THIS IS MY YEAR! I can feeeeeeel it! Move outta my way, folks!”
With heavy, yet expectant heart, I come to you all with my 2015 New Year’s Resolutions. Tune in all year to see if I actually accomplish them. I mean, you never know. This year really COULD be my year.
1. Lose 100 lbs. (actually, 115 lbs, but I figure 100 is a nice little baby step. Don’t you?)
2. Stay on top of my housework
3. Totally declutter my home and my life (that means purge drama, garbage, and unwanted people/items)
4. Stay on top of my Homeschooling (I’ve fallen behind in some ways, and want to improve)
5 WRITE A BOOK. (This year, it doesn’t even have to be a best seller that gets turned into a movie, then has a graphic novel written about it, and a fan-fic website, and a vidjea game…)
6. Keep up with my Blog(s) (write on a regular basis. Develop a following, no matter how modest)
More. I haven’t had a very good prayer life, and would like to develop it.
8. Read My Bible
More. I haven’t really read it like I should.
9. Spend more time with family, enjoying them for who and what they are.
10. Give out compliments more.
11. Be more positive
in general. Be More Positive ALWAYS. In everything. I want to go to my grave, and have people stand over it and talk about how positive and uplifting I was. I want here and now to be the time that I become that person.
12. Put my husband at the head of our family. There have been too many times that I didn’t do that.
13. Trust my husband’s judgment. No, really trust it, as opposed to saying that I trust it, then trying to bring him around to my way of thinking. I want to REST in his judgment. I want to REST in the fact that he puts God first.
14. I also want to help him put God first, so that I can rest in his judgment.
15. Higher Church Attendance and SERVICE (for the entire family). I want to show up, and (wo)man up. Is there a responsibility that needs to be taken on? Gi’me! I want it. STIPULATION on myself: I want to be JOYFUL about the opportunity.
16. Praising God More. I don’t just want to praise him in the good times, or the boring times (a.k.a. the times when I’m not hurting or in need)… I want to sing, I want to share, I want to telegraph God’s love. Again, this is another thing I want folks to say about me when I’m gone.
17. No more Temper. I’m so tired. I’m tired of getting angry the way I do. I’m tired of allowing my hurt feelings to rein over my emotions. I’m tired of looking back on a day and wondering why I said or did something that turned out to be so hurtful to someone I love beyond words.
18. I refuse to be manipulated by others, any longer. I won’t allow anyone to manipulate me. I don’t care who you are, it is no longer going to work.
19. If I can’t say anything nice, Lord, help me to keep my trap shut.
20. I want to share the joy and peace, the rest and happiness that I will get from accomplishing all of these things, with others who may be feeling as I do, this very second.
Come Ride Along…
With me, and watch the adventure of 2015 unfold.
Tomorrow, I’ll be writing about the water fast I plan on trying. This should be an interesting six days, that will, I’m sure, get more interesting as the days progress… I’m picturing odd posts, over the next few days, due to lack of food. Join me, and we shall all see.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
and now for your viewing pleasure…